How to Improve Eyesight
I was walking with my wife the other day and I noticed that she can see further away then I can. So we did a test. We stopped and tried to see the numbers on the vehicle license plate. She saw clearly the number from 60 feet and I could only see the number from 17 feet . I thought that it could be due to me spending the entire day working on the computer. So I decided to wait till next day comes and to check it again. In the morning, we repeated our test and I could see from 23 feet away clearly, where she kept her original 60 feet distance.
While I don't wear glasses and don't really have a problem with my eyes I realized that my vision is not that great. So I decided to improve my vision with Bates method and record the progress. I recently read Dr. Bates book - it is in public domain and you can download it here. While it is too much for me to digest I opted in for "Vision Without Glasses " - an easier book to follow.
I do realize that my bad vision is a combination of various factors like prolonged computer usage, eye strain, working when I am tired perhaps not a very good diet at times - yes, I confess :)
So, from tomorrow I will be doing the following steps to improve my vision :
1. Eye Exercises - I will do the following exercises as they are mentioned in the book : focusing, distance viewing, improving blood circulation in the eyes, figure of eight and palming.
2. Charts - I will be using one of the charts to improve my eyesight and to test my progress.
3. Pinhole glasses - for the past three days I have been on the hunt for good quality pinhole glasses. As soon as I get them I will incorporate them in my daily reports. For those of you that are not familiar with pinhole glasses - these are lenses with numerous pinholes placed on them. The reduced viewing area of the pinhole glasses allows you to focus only on what can be seen in front of you. The result is sharper and improved vision.
4. Foods that help improve vision. From the fruits I picked dried apricots, with the vegetable list I choose carrots, tomatoes and leaf lettuce and parsley from herbs.
5. Software - as I am spending majority of my time in front of computer, I will use free software ( you can download it in resources section) to remind me the time for breaks and exercises.